Wednesday 12 August 2009

Rabbits & Cupcakes

I've been feeling very despondent the last few weeks, and have sunk away back into my little dark hole to recuperate, but this time i have been trying to take "the beautiful things" with me. My favourite line from a poem, a beautiful photograph, a friends embrace, a new pair of earrings, a fresh white page and a red and white spotty scarf. The hole doesn't seem to want any of these things, but I'm determined not to leave them behind.
On a particularly bad day i decided to go to the pet store to get out of the house. Seeing the rabbits always makes me smile, and in an aisle i came across the houndstooth cat bed, and it was reduced! Surely a sign from the gods, so now Jeff has a beautiful new bed, and i have the warmth and pleasure of watching her sleep peacefully in it.

I also tried baking, because it's very hard to be glum when making cake. I made my famous white chocolate covered cupcakes with pink & purple sprinkles. I mainly baked them for my friend Lorraine, who had invited me over to her new house. It didn't seem to help very much, but it did help to get me out of the house when i was feeling low and didn't want to go - because i knew i wasn't going to eat 30 cupcakes! Seeing some friends helped take my mind off my mind for a while.

I have therapy this afternoon, so i hope that should help me turn some kind of a corner, and tomorrow i am spending the day with my very old and close friend Matthew, who has just come back from 2 months in Hawaii, and I've missed him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment