Wednesday 28 October 2009

Adventure is out there!

Well tonight is my last night in my own bed for 3 weeks. Feel really sad at the moment, i find it really hard to think of things i'm gaining, just of things i'm saying goodbye to, My Dad, Jeffery, Ralph, all my own things, my books, my films, my jewellery, i suppose they are all just shields to hide behind. For me, packing for a trip is like when people say "what would you take if your house was on fire?", i've spent my whole life collecting all of this stuff around me, it's hard to know what's important. I suppose none of it is really.
Had a really lovely day with my Dad today, we went to see "UP" at the cinema, so i feel pretty sad about not seeing him for a while. I know it may seem really silly to some people, but when you're going through what i've been going through for the past four years you develop a support, a way of coping. My family and friends have been key to that, and this trip is going to be a real test for me. Went out with Sari & Charlie on Tuesday night to the Piano Bar for Bon Voyage cocktails. Sari is leaving for 3 months in South America next month, and Charlie is going to stay with her for New Year. It was a really nice way of saying "See Ya Later".

Last week i ordered two t-shirts from Every Little Counts (http://www.everylittlecounts.net/) to be delivered to Rachel's house in Capitola, so i'm really looking forward to receiving them. Wish i could have ordered more, i really love their clothes.
 
Right, i had better get back to packing, Jeff is trying to climb into my suit case, and they way i'm feeling i might just let her!

No comments:

Post a Comment